LEC plans to open its doors for students in a staggered manner, which will better enable our students and staff to adjust to the new restrictions and ease the opening rush, and allow preschool parents to bring their children into classes the first day. Only preschool parents will be allowed to bring their children into class.
LEC Main Campus
Monday- August 31 and Tuesday – September 1st will be the opening day for Preschool & Young Division (Pre 1 A. and first grade).
Each parent will be given a time slot to bring their child to their class. This will serve as orientation, and give the child the ability to acclimate to their teachers and surroundings.
The specifics will be coordinated by the department office, and will be relayed to the parents.
Wednesday – September 2 will be the opening day for second grade through fifth grade and first regular school day for Preschool and Young Division.
Thursday – September 3 will be the opening day for sixth grade through eight grade.
Beit Apel Building Girls school:
Wednesday – September 2 will be the opening day for second grade through fifth grade.
Thursday – September 3 will be the opening day for sixth grade through twelfth grade.
Tuesday – September 1 will be the opening day for all dormitory students.
- Carrier – May return after being quarantined for 10 days without symptoms or after receiving a negative Nasal PCR test result.
- Contacts and family – Quarantined for 10 days or until receiving a negative test result from a test administered three days after the last contact.
Contact = within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes irrespective of whether the person with Covid or the contact was wearing a mask.
Experiencing Covid Symptoms – Two symptoms are required except if its fever
- Individual – Can return only after a negative test or no symptoms for 10 days.
- Family – Quarantined for 10 days, or may return after a negative test result, or after the member receives a negative test result.
- Contacts – May remain in school.
It is paramount for parents to keep the school informed if any student, sibling, or an immediate family member has tested positive, is awaiting a test result, was exposed to a COVID positive or suspected positive person outside of school, or is symptomatic.