Full Time – Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8:00-4:00.
Friday 8:00 – 2:15.
A Preschool Assistant Teacher is responsible for:
- The supervision and supportive management of a classroom in accordance with the philosophy, goals and curriculum plan of the class.
- Assisting in development of monthly lesson plans.
- Implementing activities on a daily basis including evaluating the effectiveness of activities.
- Helping to create and maintain a classroom culture of health and safety, both physical and emotional.
A Lead Teacher is responsible for:
- The general supervision and management of a class of children.
- Planning, supervising and implementing the program for the age group which has been assigned.
- Gearing the program to the needs of individual children with concern for their interests, handicaps, special talents, and individual style and pace of learning.
- Being responsible for the arrangement, appearance, décor and learning environment of the classroom.
- Being responsible for supervising the teaching teacher assistance in the class ensuring the smooth coordination of all classroom activities and staff and student interrelation ships.
- Planning must include both the outdoor and indoor areas and cover for a complete day in the program.
- Insure that necessary equipment and materials are accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum use by the children and maintain an updated list for ordering supplies and equipment.
A minimum of two years’ experience in teaching preschool children. Degree is preferable but not required